The term “do-it-yourself” flea treatment refers to therapies that may be made by the user themselves, do not pose any health risks when used, and are easy to produce.
Regardless of whether or not you are aware that fleas are present in your home, you should make it a habit to periodically vacuum and launder the parts of your home where your pet sleeps. This is the case even if you know that fleas currently reside in your house. Whether you have a cat or a dog as a pet, this is of the biggest importance to you.
What DIY methods can I use to get rid of fleas?
If you have a major flea infestation, follow the procedures below to wash your pet and/or take them to the veterinarian so they can be treated for the fleas. If you do not have a serious flea infestation, skip this step. In the event that the issue continues, you should seek professional assistance from pest control Austin.
- Find the areas that are most heavily infested (which, in most cases, are the regions where the pet sleeps) and concentrate most of your cleaning efforts there.
- You are free to use any shampoo you like on your pet; you are not required to use a medicated shampoo on him or her. You are free to utilize any shampoo of your choosing.
- It is necessary to clean the area rugs that the pet sleeps on and the pet’s bedding.
- When it comes to cleaning upholstered furniture, the most efficient method for reaching into the crevices and underneath the cushions of the item is to use a vacuum cleaner.
- Vacuum carpets
- The boric acid powder can be applied to carpets as a light dusting and then brushed into the pile to disrupt fleas’ life cycle and prevent further infestations. This treatment is most effective when used in conjunction with vacuuming. A brush is used to apply the powder at this point in the procedure. (Vacuum up any excess/visible powder)
- It is absolutely necessary to vacuum often throughout this period to get rid of the adult fleas that will emerge from the pupae over the next two weeks. During this period, the adult fleas will emerge from their pupal stage.
- Vacuuming is the most efficient way to get rid of fleas in your home because it has the capacity to eliminate all stages of the flea’s life cycle at once. It is highly recommended that you carry out this activity on a consistent basis, provided that your agenda allows for it.
Contact a pest control service!
One of the best ways to ensure fleas are gone from your house permanently is by speaking to a pest control service.